Friday, June 25, 2010

Epic.

Who saw that tennis match? all i can say is that John Isner is the man. Nevermind that he just lost earlier today in straight sets. I got to watch the end of the marathon tennis match last night in our hotel room and I was shocked by their constant aces and their determination to keep playing. When I saw it starting at 59 to 59, i thought surely that someone would give in and faulter, or that the match would quickly end after the recess... but i was wrong. Watching for the final hour, seeing the game count reach 70(!!!) was just insane. I'm so happy that an American came through and beat the Frenchman. After watching nearly all of the French Open, I feel like I have already seen the best of Wimbledon, which is usually my favorite tournament. I'd just like to give some credit to John Isner. even though he looked like he was a zombie at the end, he still held on, came through and finished the match. Way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment